Now that spring is here, it’s time to give your home a thorough maintenance check to ensure that it’s ready for the warmer months ahead. If you don’t know where to start, MiamiSomers is here provide a spring home maintenance checklist to help you out.
After the snowstorm that recently battered the East Coast, it’s important to give the exterior of your home, including your aluminum awnings in Linwood, NJ, a thorough inspection to ensure there will be no structural issues. Here are some areas you should look into:
• Roof. Check your roof for any missing or cracked shingles. You should also look for “nail-pops” that might lead to water leaks once it starts raining.
• Decking. Look for signs of water damage as well as rot over the passage of time. Either of them could have weakened your deck’s structure and opened the way to bigger problems down the line. Don’t hesitate to seek professional help for deck maintenance and even replacement. In the latter’s case, you can even seek sturdy fiberglass decks from trusted home improvement companies like MiamiSomers.
• Windows. To prevent high cooling costs during summer, ensure that your windows are tightly sealed. Otherwise, they will let warm summer air in and allow cooler indoor air to easily escape. You can remedy this by seeking energy-efficient windows that will keep air where it needs to be and lower your monthly energy bills.
For your home’s interior, here’s what you should check to make sure your property is ready for spring:
• Doors. Make sure you don’t have trouble opening or closing doors, and that they stay open or shut. If your door keeps hitting the wall, then you may want to look into getting a door stopper. Be sure that all screws are locked in tight and keeping the hinges in the jamb.
• Sunroom. Look for caulking at the joints as they could be signs of a leak. You should also look for condensation on the glass, which may encourage the growth of mold and prove a hazard to your household. For that, you can ask the professionals to replace your glass with less condensation-friendly materials.
Need more help with spring maintenance for your home? Turn to MiamiSomers for all your home improvement and storm protection needs. We can install new doors, windows, and pergolas in Ocean City, NJ homes like yours. With our help, your home will be well-prepared for the rest of the year.
Give us a call at (609) 528-4030 to get started. You can also fill out our contact form for a free estimate.